Multitone Electronic Signals
The 115 VAC, 12 VDC & 24 VDC MT and MT Strobe Series Multitone electronic signals offer a choice of eight (8) nationally and internationally recognized alerting sounds: Horn, Bell, March Time Horn, Code-3 Tone, Code-3 Horn, Slow Whoop, Siren or Hi/Lo Tone. Our Code-3 horn and tone patterns are engineered to comply with NFPA/ANSI Temporal Pattern specifications without requiring additional coding means. With MT and MT Strobe Signals, one alarm appliance meets most of your signaling needs.
Each MT and MT Strobe appliance has two user selective sound output levels: STANDARD dBA and HIGH dBA. Separate input terminals are available; shunt wires are provided to enable both tone and strobe to operate simultaneously from a single input.
The Multitone Strobe Signals are UL Listed for private mode indoor and outdoor use, ceiling and wall mount, under Standard 1638 for Visual Signaling Devices where UL 1971 is not required and Standard 464 for Audible Signal Appliances. They use a Xenon flashtube with solid state circuitry enclosed in a rugged Lexan® lens to provide maximum reliability for effective visible signaling.
MT Series Signals have IN and OUT wiring terminations that accept two #12 to #18 American Wire Gauge (AWG) wires at each terminal.
- One alarm appliance with (8) eight selective signals to provide superior sound penetration for various ambient and wall conditions with two field selectable sound output levels.
- Code-3 Horn and Tone meet ANSI/NFPA/ISO temporal pattern for standard emergency evacuation signaling.
- Audible and strobe can operate from a single signaling circuit with any of the (8) eight audible signals.
- Designed to meet or exceed NFPA/ANSI Standards.
- Low current draw to reduce power consumption and wiring costs.
- MT Strobe models available with 15 candela rating for independent or single input activations.
- Low cost installation via standard electrical boxes. Attractive flush or surface mounting options.
- No additional trimplate required for flush mounting. Fast installation with In/Out screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG.
- Compliance with RFI limits in FCC Part 15, Class B for compatibility with sensitive detection and communication circuits.
- Listed under UL Standard 1638 for private mode visual Signaling Devices and UL 464 for Audible Appliances.
- The MT-WH strobe model is UL 1638 Listed at 15 cd and is designed for surface mounting indoor or outdoor with weatherproof backbox.